Any ideas? Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Calvin
Re: Hang [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:42 am, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've since upgraded to the latest CVS version of mythtv, followed the
> instructions applied the 0.5-0.6 dbase patch, the cvs patch, ran setup.
> ran mythfilldatabase. Everything worked without a hitch. Only problem
> now is that anytime I change channels while watching TV the program
> hangs. It doesn't segfault, it just stops. I can close it using a
> regular window close. right click on icon in panel then close.
>
> Any ideas? Did I miss something?

Can you get a gdb backtrace of it?

It _sounds_ like something didn't go right in the setup process..

Isaac
Re: Hang [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:51 am, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:42 am, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I've since upgraded to the latest CVS version of mythtv, followed the
> > instructions applied the 0.5-0.6 dbase patch, the cvs patch, ran setup.
> > ran mythfilldatabase. Everything worked without a hitch. Only problem
> > now is that anytime I change channels while watching TV the program
> > hangs. It doesn't segfault, it just stops. I can close it using a
> > regular window close. right click on icon in panel then close.
> >
> > Any ideas? Did I miss something?
>
> Can you get a gdb backtrace of it?
>
> It _sounds_ like something didn't go right in the setup process..

Actually, if you update your CVS checkout, it should no longer hang. It
_will_ print out:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

if it can't find any channels to tune to in the database, and continue to run.

That's what I believe your problem to be, at least -- probably didn't assign
the channel source to the card input you're using properly somehow, or my
setup program messed stuff up.

Isaac
Re: Hang [ In reply to ]
Thanks, I did find what I was doing wrong. I was not paying attention in
the setup program. The default option for assigning inputs(?)is the not
the default when you hit enter. There were two choices, default and
nothing. 'Nothing' was the default. Choosing the actual default
worked.
Don't know if you want to change it, but it would be a bit more
intuitive.

Calvin...

Re: Hang [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 06 October 2002 12:35 pm, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Thanks, I did find what I was doing wrong. I was not paying attention in
> the setup program. The default option for assigning inputs(?)is the not
> the default when you hit enter. There were two choices, default and
> nothing. 'Nothing' was the default. Choosing the actual default
> worked.
> Don't know if you want to change it, but it would be a bit more
> intuitive.

Yeah, but most people are going to have more inputs than sources to assign to
them, so having the default be the most common option makes more sense.
It'll become more clear when all the setup is graphical.

Isaac