Mailing List Archive

Re: Linkin it so far
for some odd reason, i didnt get any of the reply emails....oh well. here
the replies to the replies:

>Great. Well, perl 5.8 should make debian eventually, and then I'll have
>to deal with it and xmltv, and I had enough trouble getting it working as
>it was.. What parts of my code didn't qt3-cvs like?

you can find an error log here:

undertaker.homeip.net/error.log not sure if you want/need more than that.

Im working on trying the whole 'stopping when it should' thing. Ill let
you know the result.

One other question...Im using mythtv on my X11 session. However, my mouse
disappears in the mythtv windows (frontend and epg). is that supposed to
happen?

Thanks again,
David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader
Re: Re: Linkin it so far [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 20 July 2002 07:56 pm, daz@undertaker.homeip.net wrote:
> for some odd reason, i didnt get any of the reply emails....oh well. here
> the replies to the replies:

I'll cc you just to make sure, then..

> >Great. Well, perl 5.8 should make debian eventually, and then I'll have
> >to deal with it and xmltv, and I had enough trouble getting it working as
> >it was.. What parts of my code didn't qt3-cvs like?
>
> you can find an error log here:
>
> undertaker.homeip.net/error.log not sure if you want/need more than that.

Nope, that's good. Only real error there, amid all the type mismatch
complaints, is a missing iostream include, and someone compiling on Suse just
reported that earlier today. Not sure what pulls it in on my box, but
something obviously does.

> Im working on trying the whole 'stopping when it should' thing. Ill let
> you know the result.

If it's still happening, try adding this line to libmythtv/recordinginfo.cpp,
before line 43 (the free(convtime)):

printf("%s\n", asctime(convtime));

and this line to mythfrontend/main.cpp, line 76, after the sprintf:

printf("%s\n", endt);

That'll print out two lines whenever it starts recording something. They
_should_ show the same time (second will print out
year/month/day/hour/minute, with no delimiters between fields, the first will
be more readable.) If they don't, well, that's the bug =)

> One other question...Im using mythtv on my X11 session. However, my mouse
> disappears in the mythtv windows (frontend and epg). is that supposed to
> happen?

Yeah, it's desired behavior, at least for me. I'm using the interface with a
remote, so I don't want the mouse pointer showing up and interrupting things.
Should be quite easy to make it configurable at the same time I make the
mysql server stuff configurable as well.

Isaac