libvorbis-devel-1.0rc2. There seems to have been some interface changes?

Best regards,

Stefan Görling
Re: MythMusic - Which libraries? [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 28 September 2002 02:15 pm, Stefan Görling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build mythmusic on my new redhat machine. after patching the
> vorbisencoder and some flac-calls it builds, but with what versions of the
> libraries is it suppose to work, i've used FLAC 1.0.4 and
> libvorbis-devel-1.0rc2. There seems to have been some interface changes?

I'm using vorbis 1.0 and flac 1.0.3 (1.0.4 hasn't hit debian yet.) What'd you
have to change?

Isaac
Re: MythMusic - Which libraries? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 04:15:20PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Saturday 28 September 2002 02:15 pm, Stefan G?rling wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to build mythmusic on my new redhat machine. after patching the
> > vorbisencoder and some flac-calls it builds, but with what versions of the
> > libraries is it suppose to work, i've used FLAC 1.0.4 and
> > libvorbis-devel-1.0rc2. There seems to have been some interface changes?
>
> I'm using vorbis 1.0 and flac 1.0.3 (1.0.4 hasn't hit debian yet.) What'd you
> have to change?

I just uploaded FLAC 1.0.4 about an hour ago; it should be available from
http://incoming.debian.org/ right now, and from unstable tomorrow.

--
- mdz
SV: MythMusic - Which libraries? [ In reply to ]
> I'm using vorbis 1.0 and flac 1.0.3 (1.0.4 hasn't hit debian yet.) What'd you
> have to change?

I believe that there has been some API-changes, there were method used which couldn't be found in the library, i've simply removed most of the calls (I haven't planned to use the decoder part anyway).

Best Regards,

Stefan Görling
Re: SV: MythMusic - Which libraries? [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 29 September 2002 09:56 am, Stefan Görling wrote:
> > I'm using vorbis 1.0 and flac 1.0.3 (1.0.4 hasn't hit debian yet.)
> > What'd you have to change?
>
> I believe that there has been some API-changes, there were method used
> which couldn't be found in the library, i've simply removed most of the
> calls (I haven't planned to use the decoder part anyway).

Cute. I like random function renames, especially when there's no apparent
version info in the header files. My encoder broke too, with the 1.0.4
upgrade, but it was subtler -- it wouldn't produce working files once those
two return status names were fixed.

Anyway, CVS mythmusic now uses (and requires) flac 1.0.4.

Isaac