If so, do you know of a work around?

Thanks,

-Chuck
Re: perl error [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 26 September 2002 08:16 pm, chuck wrote:
> I'm getting an XML parse error when running the filldata script. I'm
> guessing it is a problem with xmltv. Has anyone else experienced this?
> If so, do you know of a work around?
>
> Thanks,

Yup -- use CVS. No more filldata script. It's a perl problem, really.

See here:
http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-August/000244.html

for more details.

Isaac
Re: perl error [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Thursday 26 September 2002 08:16 pm, chuck wrote:
> > I'm getting an XML parse error when running the filldata script. I'm
> > guessing it is a problem with xmltv. Has anyone else experienced this?
> > If so, do you know of a work around?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Yup -- use CVS. No more filldata script. It's a perl problem, really.
>
> See here:
> http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-August/000244.html
>
> for more details.

Ah OK.

I'm currently hacking away on a local equivalent for tv_grab_na, any idea
when this will go into a release? It won't be hardcoded in the release
right? :-)

Just wondering if it's worth going to CVS now while I code tv_grab_aus.
I've had the 'not well-formed' errors too.

- Justin

--
justin@hawkins.id.au | "Don't sweat it --
http://hawkins.id.au | it's only 1's and 0's"
Re: perl error [ In reply to ]
On Friday 27 September 2002 10:25 pm, Justin Hawkins wrote:
> Ah OK.
>
> I'm currently hacking away on a local equivalent for tv_grab_na, any idea
> when this will go into a release? It won't be hardcoded in the release
> right? :-)

Unless someone verifies that it works with another grabber or fixes it to,
yes, it will be.

> Just wondering if it's worth going to CVS now while I code tv_grab_aus.
> I've had the 'not well-formed' errors too.

I'd recommend going to CVS. Mainly so you can help find anything I've broken,
but there have been quite a few changes, so it might be easier in the future
to merge any changes you have to make to get things working.

Instructions on how to access the anon CVS server are here:
http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-September/000255.html

Isaac
Re: perl error [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Isaac Richards wrote:

> > I'm currently hacking away on a local equivalent for tv_grab_na, any idea
> > when this will go into a release? It won't be hardcoded in the release
> > right? :-)
>
> Unless someone verifies that it works with another grabber or fixes it to,
> yes, it will be.

But but but I thought XML was the magic bullet panacea be-all-and-end-all
that solved all data compatibility issues.

That's astoundingly naive right? :-)

Well my quick hack version for australian TV listings is working, at
least partially via filldata, so I'm hopeful.

> I'd recommend going to CVS. Mainly so you can help find anything I've
> broken, but there have been quite a few changes, so it might be easier
> in the future to merge any changes you have to make to get things
> working.

Okies, will do that tonight.

- Justin