Mailing List Archive

Support for multiple input sources
So, I've been working on this a bit.. I've made most of the database changes
as outlined here:

http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-August/000205.html

and wrote a little setup program (console only, and tv_grab_na only, for now).
I've got the epg working properly, the TV OSD working properly, and most
everything else working with the changes.. Kinda broke the displayed channel
numbers for already recorded programs in the playback/delete dialogs, and
upgrading will blow away people's single and timeslot scheduled recordings,
but I figure that's all ok.

So, with all this, it finally shows the proper channel information on screen
if you're using a non-tuner based input, like a satellite receiver. (assuming
you can change channels with a command line app, of course).

Only thing left to do is update the scheduler to deal with all this.. Has
anyone out there written a scheduler like that before, or seen code to do it?
Just need to deal with X physical cards with Y inputs per card and Z sources
of channel information, it's not complicated in the slightest. =)

Nothing's been committed to CVS yet, though.

Isaac