Mailing List Archive

thinking about 0.6
---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: thinking about 0.6
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:41:41 -0400
From: Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net

Isaac (et al.),

With all the changes to DB structure, file locations, etc., etc., just
wondering if we have an ETA for the 0.6 release. There are few maxims I place
more faith in than "release early, release often". But (!) I'd like to try
and figure out if the DB changes have stabilized enough so that I can add my
own (mythWEB preferences, a notion of favourites, etc., etc.) without being
so confusing as to be counter-productive.

Also, I'm assuming that the patches of the last few hours solved the libmyth
"globalsettings" problem (?). If not, do I need to provide details?

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com

Re: thinking about 0.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 22 September 2002 01:42 am, Thor Sigvaldason wrote:
> Isaac (et al.),
>
> With all the changes to DB structure, file locations, etc., etc., just
> wondering if we have an ETA for the 0.6 release. There are few maxims I
> place more faith in than "release early, release often". But (!) I'd like
> to try and figure out if the DB changes have stabilized enough so that I
> can add my own (mythWEB preferences, a notion of favourites, etc., etc.)
> without being so confusing as to be counter-productive.

I want to have support for multiple recordings in 0.6. Starting work on that
is next on my list. I don't have an ETA, though.. It has been quite awhile
since the last release, but there really haven't really been all that many
user-visible changes. So, really, go ahead and make whatever changes you
want. I'll be sure to pre-announce the release in enough time to get
everything stable for it.

> Also, I'm assuming that the patches of the last few hours solved the
> libmyth "globalsettings" problem (?). If not, do I need to provide details?

I kinda mean for that to be that way -- it's something I'll clean up a bit
when I make it into more of a traditional lib instead of just a loose
collection of classes. Have a MythContext that each program using the
library needs to initialize, etc.

Isaac