Mailing List Archive

TV-out quality improvements
thanks Isaac for the fix (the flipping channels thing)

can anyone advise me on the best way to improve my tv-out quality. I know from some reading I did that TV's (regular analog CRT TV's) have a fixed number of lines that they can output and the vert sync rate is 60hz interlaced (i am talking NTSC here).

So here is what i am thinking:

A direct tv receiver essentially does this....pulls down an mpeg2 stream from the sat. and then decrypts the signal and then modulates the signal for the output to the TV.

essentially we are doing the same thing...we are taking a digital stream and the tv-out card is modulating it into a tv signal (albeit overlaying the x desktop).

So Issac, what X settings are you running....especially modes...800x600,640x480 or some other one?

what about color depth? 8,16,24?

thanks,
Chris