Mailing List Archive

Minimum Requirements?
Hi Everybody,

What is the minimum setup you're running mythtv on? I've got a PIII-600
/256MB, anyone who knows wheter it will be sufficient?

/Stefan
Re: Minimum Requirements? [ In reply to ]
On Monday 16 September 2002 12:00 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> What is the minimum setup you're running mythtv on? I've got a PIII-600
> /256MB, anyone who knows wheter it will be sufficient?

256 MB is lots.

PIII-600 may be a little slow, although you can always drop the resolution
or compression choices to lower the load (at the expense of image quality).

It should be more than enough to at least check things out.

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com