Mailing List Archive

bttv / nuppelvideo question
Re: bttv / nuppelvideo question [ In reply to ]
On Monday 16 September 2002 03:52 am, Dennis Noordsij wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding setting up mythtv on my home system. I have the
> WinTV btvv card (bt878), with the msp....something... audio chip.
>
> The btaudio drivers give me an analogue DSP, which is 44.1kHz, 16bit MONO,
> and a digital DSP which is 32kHz, 16bit stereo. Unless I missed something
> though, the nuppelvideo codec expects only 44.1Khz 16 bit stereo?
>
> Is there a way to specify a different samplerate for nuppel recording
> (although from the source it appears it is a fixed sample rate), or should
> I use the passthrough audio cable from bttv card to soundcard-in ?

The version of nuppelvideo in mythtv is very much changed from the original.
You should've looked at mythtv's source, not the original nuppelvideo
distribution. =)

So, yes, you can specify different sampling rates in the settings file.

> Also, will mythtv only work with the xvideo extension? (I use an old ati
> card without xvideo because the nvidia closed source drivers don't work
> with the dual head setup, although I haven't used the nivida card now in
> almost a year, maybe the drivers work better now :-)

Yup, only supports xvideo for now. Other output methods are possible, if
someone wants to write them.

> While I am at the question stage :-) .. is the xmltv output only imported
> into the SQL database and does mythtv use the SQL for program data? I have
> some perl scripts for my tv channels (Finland), but if it's possible I'd
> much rather just import it straight to mysql than make it xmltv compliant
> first.

Yup, it's just using xmltv as a source of information, and then dumping it
into the SQL database. If you can bypass xmltv, so much the better.

Isaac