Mailing List Archive

No picture/sound: Shuttle SS40, Hauppauge WinTV, RedHat 7.3
Hello.

I built mythtv yesterday from the CVS tarball (14 sep 2002), and today I get
no picture (or sound). Yesterday I could watch tv (no sound), pause,
forward/rewind etc. just fine.

System: Shuttle SS40, RedHat 7.3 "full install", Hauppauge WinTV-PCI-FM

I start mythtv as root (hmm - bad habit), and the output is:

Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Probed: Composite3
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[.seems to be waiting for something - load from this point is 0.00]

The ringbuf.nuv file is 0 bytes (deleted it previously to see if that was
the problem) and stays at 0 bytes.

The codec is rtjpeg, sound is at 32000Hz (yup, I've been reading posts, FAQ
etc.), xawtv seems to work, and sound in xawtv is fine too (through the
loop-back cable).

I did install the mysql stuff, but I have no data in the tables (I live in
Denmark; no xmltv for me I guess). Stopping mysqld before running mythtv
does not help (except telling me that the database is not available).

Any ideas?!

/Jens
Re: No picture/sound: Shuttle SS40, Hauppauge WinTV, RedHat 7.3 [ In reply to ]
O.K., I fixed my own problem after several hours of surfing for some
answers.

I found out that mplayer did not work out of the box either (however xmms
did - which I tried at first). It turns out that this KDE stuff has a lock
on /dev/dsp!! So artsd must not run (disabled in KDE control
center->sound->sound server), or mythtv must be made artsd aware (?).
Maybe it is a FAQ candidate?

Even better, mythmusic seems to work now also.

Well - back to mythtv; I need to get this remote control working.

/Jens