Mailing List Archive

Channels being modified not reflected, other things
Right now, my local cable provider has rearranged some of the channel
line-up: some channels have been added, others moved around, one or two
re-named. It'd be nice if MythTV recognised this in the to_mysql script,
and updated things appropriately. As it stands now the channels which
have been changed aren't showing up, and the old channels have no data
in the mythtv lineup.

(Really, what I'd like to have happen is that I can edit the channel
line-up in my xmltv config file, and have mythtv reflect that line-up,
with any deleted channels removed and any added/changed channels changed
as well.)

As well, it seems that programs which have "record this program every
time it's on" get changed to "record only this program" when you view
them on later days. Really, there are a number of inconsistencies
between what is recorded and what is listed as going to be recorded -
but I'll go through and look at this in detail when the next version is
released, just in case it's been worked on.

Lastly, I'd like to say that a) your code is quite nice - very readable;
b) your program is quite nice, and I find it really useful and helpful
to me. In fact, I've long said "I can't see myself needing to upgrade
for the next few years" - but MythTV makes me want to! :) (For now, I
stick with renicing to -20 and encoding using low resolutions.)

Thanks!

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee
Re: Channels being modified not reflected, other things [ In reply to ]
The other thing I neglected to mention is that when playing video,
mythtv/mythfrontend should set the _NETWM_FULLSCREEN hint, so that NETWM
compliant window managers know to put it above everything, including the
panel. I don't know if there's an easy way to do this using Qt, but
there should be _some_ way of doing it.

Thanks again, Issac.

Re: Channels being modified not reflected, other things [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 14 September 2002 03:11 pm, Joe Drew wrote:
> Right now, my local cable provider has rearranged some of the channel
> line-up: some channels have been added, others moved around, one or two
> re-named. It'd be nice if MythTV recognised this in the to_mysql script,
> and updated things appropriately. As it stands now the channels which
> have been changed aren't showing up, and the old channels have no data
> in the mythtv lineup.
>
> (Really, what I'd like to have happen is that I can edit the channel
> line-up in my xmltv config file, and have mythtv reflect that line-up,
> with any deleted channels removed and any added/changed channels changed
> as well.)

Send in a patch to CVS -- filling the database has been reworked completely
(ie, c++ instead of perl), but I'm sure that it still won't deal with
channels gone missing.

> As well, it seems that programs which have "record this program every
> time it's on" get changed to "record only this program" when you view
> them on later days. Really, there are a number of inconsistencies
> between what is recorded and what is listed as going to be recorded -
> but I'll go through and look at this in detail when the next version is
> released, just in case it's been worked on.

Why not grab current CVS, see if it still acts funny, and fix it? Probably be
the easiest thing to do, rather than waiting until the next release (which
will probably be at least a couple more weeks).

Isaac