someone point me in the right direction.

Q: I was also wondering if there was a suggestion for output to TV other
than Geforce 4 or Geforce 2 or is there a list of TV outs that work
somewhere?

Q: I was also wondering if there is a specific reason a hardware encoder
/ decoder is not used? (Sorry for the double post Isaac)

Thanks,
Andrew
Re: MythTV Newb, Just wanted to say hi. [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 18 July 2002 08:25 pm, Andrew De Ponte wrote:
> Hi, everyone. I am a MythTV newbie that just read the entire site and
> everything I could find on this project including all the mailing
> list threads. I am a C++/C/Python/Perl coder and am ready to help
> develop this project and get it up and running if my help is wanted.
>
> Q: I was wondering if there was a specific TV Tuner card that had to be
> used (the one from Best Buy), or if there is a list that work with
> Xv or something. If there is a list that work with Xv then could
> someone point me in the right direction.

Well, any tuner card supported by Video4Linux should work. There's a big list
in the kernel source tree. The tuner card doesn't need to support Xv, the
video card that's doing the displaying has to.

> Q: I was also wondering if there was a suggestion for output to TV other
> than Geforce 4 or Geforce 2 or is there a list of TV outs that work
> somewhere?

Might be a list on xfree86.org, but I don't know.

> Q: I was also wondering if there is a specific reason a hardware encoder
> / decoder is not used? (Sorry for the double post Isaac)

I didn't find any that were supported on linux and cheap enough for what I
wanted.. Didn't look all that hard, though. Also, I figure more people have
normal TV tuners than have hardware encoders.

Also, your first email didn't come through properly, you wrote the entire
thing in the reply-to: line, and it got cut off =) And the mailing list is
set to subscribers only, so if you're going to be posting to it again, it'd
be better to subscribe.

Isaac