the shell. (I am logged in as root). xawtv works fine.

I am running a Matrox G400 video card. I am not using
FrameBuffering. My settings in the settings file look
right also.

Thank you for any help!
-M

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com
Re: MythTV Not Displaying [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 September 2002 08:20 pm, Matt Bowman wrote:
> Ok I have this app running on another machine ( LOVE
> IT!! ), however I seem to be having some issues with
> this one.
>
> Everything went great on the install. I have the EPG
> data in MySql and the frontend/epg runs fine.
>
> The trouble starts when I try to test the TV
> application. I get to the point where it says
> "Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV" and it just
> sits there. I have to kill the process to get back to
> the shell. (I am logged in as root). xawtv works fine.
>
> I am running a Matrox G400 video card. I am not using
> FrameBuffering. My settings in the settings file look
> right also.

Might be hanging on trying to open the sound card -- I posted instructions on
how to compile it for debugging and run it in gdb a few days back. If you
run it in gdb and hit ctl-c when it seems to have hung, type 'bt' to get a
backtrace, and send me that, I'll be able to tell you more.

If it _is_ the soundcard, might want to look into using alsa if you're not
already, or something else might be hogging the dsp device (esd, arts, etc).

Isaac
Re: MythTV Not Displaying [ In reply to ]
I looked thru the cvs and the mailing list and cant
find the oprions for debug ( the list really needs a
search feature badly ). Can you please post a link to
it or let me know how to complie with this option.

Thank you
-M

Re: MythTV Not Displaying [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 September 2002 09:41 pm, Matt Bowman wrote:
> I looked thru the cvs and the mailing list and cant
> find the oprions for debug ( the list really needs a
> search feature badly ). Can you please post a link to
> it or let me know how to complie with this option.

http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-September/000270.html

Isaac