and recording. You want linein selected for recording but you want it
muted in playback.

- John
Re: Echoing Audio [ In reply to ]
First good suggestion on this topic!

John, how do I tell alsamixer to set volumes for playback vs recording?

Thanks so much for the eye-opener,
IvanK.

Re: Echoing Audio [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 10 September 2002 02:16 am, IvanK. wrote:
> First good suggestion on this topic!
>
> John, how do I tell alsamixer to set volumes for playback vs recording?

Perhaps you would mute the line-in, and raise the 'Capture' setting? That's
'playback' and 'recording' for my soundcard, at least. Both should show up
as selected for capturing, of course. Sorry for not spelling it out for you
before, I figured it'd be really obvious if you were using alsa.

Isaac
Re: Echoing Audio [ In reply to ]
Issac,

thanks so much! It worked and the echo is no more.

IvanK.