Obviously, I am doing something wrong here. Hopefully someone can
help. Here's what I'm using:

Red Hat 7.3
lame 3.92 (compiled from source)
freetype 1.3.1 (compiled from source)
MySQL 11.16 Distrib 3.23.49 (installed from RPM)
QT 3.0.3 (installed from RPMs, and including the devel RPM)

Thanks in advance!
Re: RH 7.3 major problems [ In reply to ]
On Monday 09 September 2002 09:31 pm, you wrote:
> I consulted with the mailing list archives and managed to get to the
> point where I can compile mythtv so long as mp3lame support is not
> included (the configure script by default does not enable it). As
> suggested, I compiled LAME and libttf from source and they seem to be
> installed properly. Now, when I run 'mythtv' I get the following error:
>
> mythtv: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot
> open shared object files: No such file or directory
>
> I have checked and libmp3lame.so.0 does exist. Of course, 'mythtv'
> won't actually run. The other executables exhibit similar behaviour and
> refuse to start.
>
> Obviously, I am doing something wrong here. Hopefully someone can
> help. Here's what I'm using:

Is libmp3lame.so is /usr/local/lib ?
Is /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf ?
Have you run ldconfig since building libmp3lame?

One or more of these may do it.

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com

Re: RH 7.3 major problems [ In reply to ]
On Monday 09 September 2002 09:31 pm, Paul Jara wrote:
> I consulted with the mailing list archives and managed to get to the
> point where I can compile mythtv so long as mp3lame support is not
> included (the configure script by default does not enable it). As
> suggested, I compiled LAME and libttf from source and they seem to be
> installed properly. Now, when I run 'mythtv' I get the following error:
>
> mythtv: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot
> open shared object files: No such file or directory

Guess: You installed things to /usr/local/lib, but neglected to add that dir
to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig?

Isaac