I've been totally unable to actually view anything - any ideas?

(I'm a bit worried, though, that like a recent poster I will be unable
to record audio: with experiments a while back, it seems muting line-in
mutes the line in channel itself, not the output of the line in channel.
Needless to say, this sucks.)

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee
Re: mythtv has no display [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 08 September 2002 01:21 am, Joe Drew wrote:
> Having finally jumped through xmltv's hoops, I got mythtv compiled - but
> it displays nothing at all. Changing the resolution in the settings.txt
> doesn't have any affect, excepting that certain resolutions (e.g.
> 320x200) cause mythtv to segfault.
>
> I've been totally unable to actually view anything - any ideas?

With you not even bothering to paste in the output of mythtv when it's run?
No.

> (I'm a bit worried, though, that like a recent poster I will be unable
> to record audio: with experiments a while back, it seems muting line-in
> mutes the line in channel itself, not the output of the line in channel.
> Needless to say, this sucks.)

Try alsa, and/or get a better soundcard. The btaudio module might also work,
though that limits you to a 32kHz sampling rate..

Also, re: xmltv and your post on their mailing list, Debian packages (almost)
exist. The guy packaging it up is waiting on the 0.5.1 release, before
installing it into the archive, as I understand it.

Isaac