Mailing List Archive

Video is choppy where is was not before
I bought a new motherboard and cpu this week,

AMD 1900+
SiS 735 based MB

I installed all the required software and found that the video was now
choppy. The picture was clear, but the picture would pause for a second and
then speed up to catch up after pausing. So I thought it may have something
to do w/ the hardware. I switched back to the other box running mythtv-0.5,
the same thing was happening (it was the same software, I installed the old
Via MB and 1.7 Ghz Celeron back into the computer). So I am thinking the
hardware is not the problem, just something in my configuration. I tried
all different resolutions and settings in the settings.txt. I tried using
the open source "nv" driver. Nothing worked. Here's my config

Nvidia Geforce4 MX
Athlon XP 1900+
ECS SiS 735 MB
256 (2100) DDR RAM
wintv hauppage card
soundblaster live (using the alsa driver 0.9rc3)
kernel is 2.4.18, nothing fancy, just the one from kernel.org

I also went back to mythtv-0.4, same choppy video. I also recompiled X w/
default settings. Weird. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
Chris