Mailing List Archive

MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups
Re: MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups [ In reply to ]
On Friday 30 August 2002 03:27 pm, Preston A. Elder wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to use MythTV on a setup using vesafb as the X driver (mainly
> because a native one doesnt exist for my vid card yet).
>
> I can use xawtv, but I have to provide the options -fb -nodga to be able to
> do it, which is probably whats screwing me up here.
>
> The error message I'm getting from MythTV tho, is rather bizarre:
>
> $ mythtv
> Probed: Television
> Probed: Composite1
> Probed: S-Video
> Probed: Composite3
> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> libavcodec: CPU flags: mmx mmxext 3dnow
> using rtjpeg
> strange error flushing buffer ...
> Couldn't find Xv support, exiting
>
> An X box pops up for a while, and dissapears again promptly. I have xv
> installed.

Doesn't really matter if you have it installed or not, it matters if support
exists for it, which, it doesn't look like -- run xvinfo and see.

> Incidentally, I tried running mythfrontend, just to check it out, however I
> couldnt click the mouse on it, my mouse cursor kept going BEHIND the window
> (and I noticed the window did not have any window decorations). I'll
> assume this is because its not ment to be run directly *grin*.

No, it's meant to be used with a keyboard, not a mouse. The mouse is
disappearing, not going behind the window.

Isaac
Re: MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups [ In reply to ]

Ahh, thanks (re. keyboard thing), however the main issue (that it doesnt
appear to startup mythtv) still remains ...

On Friday 30 August 2002 04:36 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 30 August 2002 03:27 pm, Preston A. Elder wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm trying to use MythTV on a setup using vesafb as the X driver (mainly
> > because a native one doesnt exist for my vid card yet).
> >
> > I can use xawtv, but I have to provide the options -fb -nodga to be able
> > to do it, which is probably whats screwing me up here.
> >
> > The error message I'm getting from MythTV tho, is rather bizarre:
> >
> > $ mythtv
> > Probed: Television
> > Probed: Composite1
> > Probed: S-Video
> > Probed: Composite3
> > Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> > libavcodec: CPU flags: mmx mmxext 3dnow
> > using rtjpeg
> > strange error flushing buffer ...
> > Couldn't find Xv support, exiting
> >
> > An X box pops up for a while, and dissapears again promptly. I have xv
> > installed.
>
> Doesn't really matter if you have it installed or not, it matters if
> support exists for it, which, it doesn't look like -- run xvinfo and see.
>
> > Incidentally, I tried running mythfrontend, just to check it out, however
> > I couldnt click the mouse on it, my mouse cursor kept going BEHIND the
> > window (and I noticed the window did not have any window decorations).
> > I'll assume this is because its not ment to be run directly *grin*.
>
> No, it's meant to be used with a keyboard, not a mouse. The mouse is
> disappearing, not going behind the window.
>
> Isaac

- --
PreZ
Systems Administrator
GOTH.NET

Goth Code '98: tSKeba5qaSabsaaaGbaa75KAASWGuajmsvbieqcL4BaaLb3F4
nId5mefqmDjmmgm#haxthgzpj4GiysNkycSRGHabiabOkauNSW

GOTH.NET - http://www.goth.net
Free online resource for the gothic community.
Re: MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups [ In reply to ]

Oops, missed part of the email.

Your right, xvinfo shows:
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
no adaptors present

So, what can I do about it (as obviously, I am running X, and have an adaptor
to do everything else ;P)

On Friday 30 August 2002 05:23 pm, Preston A. Elder wrote:
> Ahh, thanks (re. keyboard thing), however the main issue (that it doesnt
> appear to startup mythtv) still remains ...
>
> On Friday 30 August 2002 04:36 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Friday 30 August 2002 03:27 pm, Preston A. Elder wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to use MythTV on a setup using vesafb as the X driver
> > > (mainly because a native one doesnt exist for my vid card yet).
> > >
> > > I can use xawtv, but I have to provide the options -fb -nodga to be
> > > able to do it, which is probably whats screwing me up here.
> > >
> > > The error message I'm getting from MythTV tho, is rather bizarre:
> > >
> > > $ mythtv
> > > Probed: Television
> > > Probed: Composite1
> > > Probed: S-Video
> > > Probed: Composite3
> > > Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> > > libavcodec: CPU flags: mmx mmxext 3dnow
> > > using rtjpeg
> > > strange error flushing buffer ...
> > > Couldn't find Xv support, exiting
> > >
> > > An X box pops up for a while, and dissapears again promptly. I have xv
> > > installed.
> >
> > Doesn't really matter if you have it installed or not, it matters if
> > support exists for it, which, it doesn't look like -- run xvinfo and see.
> >
> > > Incidentally, I tried running mythfrontend, just to check it out,
> > > however I couldnt click the mouse on it, my mouse cursor kept going
> > > BEHIND the window (and I noticed the window did not have any window
> > > decorations). I'll assume this is because its not ment to be run
> > > directly *grin*.
> >
> > No, it's meant to be used with a keyboard, not a mouse. The mouse is
> > disappearing, not going behind the window.
> >
> > Isaac

- --

Re: MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups [ In reply to ]
On Friday 30 August 2002 05:25 pm, Preston A. Elder wrote:

> Oops, missed part of the email.
>
> Your right, xvinfo shows:
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
> no adaptors present
>
> So, what can I do about it (as obviously, I am running X, and have an
> adaptor to do everything else ;P)

Get a card that's supported.

Isaac
Re: MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups [ In reply to ]