/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm
line 185

And then it tries again... and again... :)

Please note, I am running Perl 5.8.0, since that's what ships with
Mandrake 9.0 beta 3, which I installed for other, unrelated features
(namely the ability to mount WebDAV shares on start-up).

Any thoughts?

-Michael Arick
Re: filldata doesn't work for me [ In reply to ]
On Friday 23 August 2002 02:03 pm, you wrote:
> Hey everybody:
>
> This looks like a great app! I seem to have a working distribution now,
> but I can't change channels. I know I need to run filldata, but it
> doesn't work for my system. Each time it runs, it gets a bunch of data
> on the channels I have selected, but then I get this error during the
> parse phase:
>
> not well-formed (invalid token) at line 547, column 11, byte 21208 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm
> line 185

I've had this happen as well, and in my case it's always because of accented
characters in the program information.

One temporary kludge to get around this is to do the steps by hand, like
this:

grab_data_na --days 1 > grabdata.xml
tv_sort < grabdata.xml > sorted.xml
./to_mysql 0 < sorted.xml

Then, when you get the error message, edit sorted.xml and pull out the
accented characters. Then run the last step (to_mysql) again. Keep going till
you've founf all the "bad" characters.

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com
Re: filldata doesn't work for me [ In reply to ]
On Friday 23 August 2002 02:24 pm, Thor Sigvaldason wrote:
> I've had this happen as well, and in my case it's always because of
> accented characters in the program information.

That's fairly odd -- I get one spanish station here (ie, loads of accented
characters), and I haven't had any problems with to_mysql.. They weren't
displayed properly until my last commit (just now), but it didn't break
anything, just garbage characters.

Isaac