-M

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com
Re: Redhat 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On August 17, 2002 02:55 pm, Matt Bowman wrote:
> If anyone gets this running on Redhat 7.3 can you
> please document it? I tryed for about 4 hours, however
> everytime i goto mythtv it locks up the system
> (solid). And used the new CVS I get a message about
> LAME and a codec can not be found, however i know for
> a fact LAME is running.
>
> I have it running now on debian, however I would like
> to get it on my redhat system instead. If I get it up
> I will be sure to document it as-well.

I have the same problem under Mandrake 8.2.

Randy
Re: Redhat 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 17 August 2002 10:19 pm, Randy Page wrote:
> On August 17, 2002 02:55 pm, Matt Bowman wrote:
> > If anyone gets this running on Redhat 7.3 can you
> > please document it? I tryed for about 4 hours, however
> > everytime i goto mythtv it locks up the system
> > (solid). And used the new CVS I get a message about
> > LAME and a codec can not be found, however i know for
> > a fact LAME is running.
> >
> > I have it running now on debian, however I would like
> > to get it on my redhat system instead. If I get it up
> > I will be sure to document it as-well.
>
> I have the same problem under Mandrake 8.2.

The lockup, or the error messages?

The 'codec not found' is because the settings.txt has changed, but wasn't
copied over to /usr/local/share/mythtv/, and I don't know what the lame error
is since I haven't seen it pasted yet.

Isaac
Re: Redhat 7.3 [ In reply to ]
Well I is kinda hard to get a error message to post
here when the machine locks up %100.

I retry the redhat system again monday. I will start
from a fresh install and load the CVS version.

BTW: This for this program. It really does look really
nice.
Thank you for the help.
-M

Re: Redhat 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On August 17, 2002 08:34 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:

> The lockup, or the error messages?

Sorry. The lockup. Using pr4, gcc 2.96, xawtv works just fine.

Randy
Re: Redhat 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 18 August 2002 09:41 am, Randy Page wrote:
> On August 17, 2002 08:34 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > The lockup, or the error messages?
>
> Sorry. The lockup. Using pr4, gcc 2.96, xawtv works just fine.

Hum. This is what to check/try, in the order to try (basically, the
meaningful changes from pr3 to 0.4):

First check:
- that the AudioDevice setting is right.
- that the VideoDevice setting is right.

I doubt that those being wrong could lock the machine, though, but just wanted
to make absolutely sure.

Then try each of these, in order:

- comment out the break; at line 170 of XJ.cpp
- comment out the the 15 lines starting with line 186 of XJ.cpp (fo =
XvList... until the printf("Using xv port... )
- comment the entire while (frameheader.frametype != 'A' .....) clause (19
lines) starting at ~ line 230 of NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp

Might be a bit of a pain to test, if it's locking the machine, but that's
really the only way for me know which one of those changes is the culprit.

Isaac