Mailing List Archive

Problems with colours
All,

I have both pr 4 and latest CVS versions running, and everythying is great,
except for the colourspace of the video. Everything is very blueish, except
for blues, which are very reddish. Picture on B&W channels is perfect.

On previous advice from Isaac, I tried changing line 34 of
libNuppelVideo/XJ.cpp to be defined to 0x32315659. This does not help. Xawtv
works fine both with Xv extensions (ie. xawtv -xv) and without (ie. xawtv
-noxv).

So .. it looks like Isaac's otherwise excellent adaptation of the
NuppelVideo stuff is doing something non-universal in Xv space. Does anyone
have any suggestions? I'm currently trying to pour over MythTV code versus
xawtv code to try and figure out what any XV differences may be.

My system is:

(Genuine) Intel P4 @ 1.6 GHz
Pinnacle TV board (bttv)
Nvidia adaptor with binary only nvidia drivers

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com
Re: Problems with colours [ In reply to ]
Make sure you're using the 1.0-2960 drivers from nvidia, and the original line
in XJ.cpp. The previous nvidia drivers had I420 video (the format it's using
internally) flipped with YV12.

Basically, you're seeing blue because the two color fields are swapped.

If it still doesn't work, do this:

Replace line 746 (848 in current cvs) of NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp (the memcpy)
with this:

memcpy(X11videobuf, vbuffer[rpos], video_width * video_height);
memcpy(X11videobuf + video_width * video_height, vbuffer[rpos] +
video_width * video_height * 5 / 4, video_width *
video_height / 4);
memcpy(X11videobuf + video_width * video_height * 5 / 4,
vbuffer[rpos] + video_width * video_height, video_width *
video_height / 4);

That _will_ fix it, as it swaps the two color fields in memory before the
buffer's sent to the video card for output. It'll revert back to funky
colors when it's paused, but the fix for that is similar.

I think I shall add a 'PeopleAreBlue' setting to the config file (it'll
basically just do that memcpy change)..

Oh, and if you upgrade CVS, check out the new 'Codec' setting in the config
file. Might as well use some more of that P4, no? =)

Isaac

Re: Problems with colours [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 August 2002 02:16 am, you wrote:
> Make sure you're using the 1.0-2960 drivers from nvidia, and the original
> line in XJ.cpp.  The previous nvidia drivers had I420 video (the format
> it's using internally) flipped with YV12.

That solved it. I was acutally using a more recent driver (lower version
number, but later release date). This is *much* better.

Am thinking about the following mythTV related projects (I'll start working
on one of them over the weekend):

- a mythImage system to read/display digital photos
- a burning system to move video onto VCD/SVCD(/DVD?)
- also burning from playlist(s) onto music CDs and mp3 CDs
- LCD display module (use remote without tv on to play music, for example)
- second tuner card support (watch one, record other and/or record 2)

If anyone has any thoughts on these, please let me know.

Re: Problems with colours [ In reply to ]
--- Thor Sigvaldason <mythtv@lamedomainname.com>
wrote:

> Am thinking about the following mythTV related
> projects (I'll start working
> on one of them over the weekend):
>
> - a mythImage system to read/display digital photos
>
> - a burning system to move video onto
> VCD/SVCD(/DVD?)

Yay! That would rock.

> - also burning from playlist(s) onto music CDs and
> mp3 CDs
> - LCD display module (use remote without tv on to
> play music, for example)
> - second tuner card support (watch one, record
> other and/or record 2)

And maybe even picture in picture?!?! This would also
be VERY cool.

> If anyone has any thoughts on these, please let me
> know.

I think I better get busy and build my Mythbox so I
can start messing with this stuff. :)

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com
Re: Problems with colours [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 August 2002 06:04 pm, Thor Sigvaldason wrote:
> That solved it. I was acutally using a more recent driver (lower version
> number, but later release date). This is *much* better.

There's been a newer release?

> Am thinking about the following mythTV related projects (I'll start
> working on one of them over the weekend):
>
> - a mythImage system to read/display digital photos

I've gotten 3 or 4 requests for that, I think...

> - a burning system to move video onto VCD/SVCD(/DVD?)

Probably one of the most requested features, and the one of the ones I'm least
interested in writing =)

> - also burning from playlist(s) onto music CDs and mp3 CDs
> - LCD display module (use remote without tv on to play music, for example)
> - second tuner card support (watch one, record other and/or record 2)

I've been planning on working on the multiple tuner stuff for awhile..
Already have a second card sitting here doing nothing. So unless you
_really_ want to, I probably will get to it soonish. I've got things sorta
half setup for it already.

Isaac
Re: Problems with colours [ In reply to ]
Thor Sigvaldason wrote:

> Am thinking about the following mythTV related projects (I'll start working
> on one of them over the weekend):

> - LCD display module (use remote without tv on to play music, for example)

Hi.. Been lurking here since people mentioned this project on slashdot
:) I've been planing on building a pvr/multimedia server for some time.
Just want to say an lcd or led display would be really neat IMHO.

With Regards

Anders E. Andersen
Re: Problems with colours [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 August 2002 08:47 pm, you wrote:

> > - a burning system to move video onto VCD/SVCD(/DVD?)
>
> Probably one of the most requested features, and the one of the ones I'm
> least interested in writing =)

OK, I'll try and focus on that.

> > - also burning from playlist(s) onto music CDs and mp3 CDs
> > - LCD display module (use remote without tv on to play music, for
> > example) - second tuner card support (watch one, record other and/or
> > record 2)
>
> I've been planning on working on the multiple tuner stuff for awhile..
> Already have a second card sitting here doing nothing. So unless you
> _really_ want to, I probably will get to it soonish. I've got things sorta
> half setup for it already.

If you're already deep into second tuner card work, makes much more sense
for me to focus on the burning stuff.