have 6 Gigs on hdb. When I record programs on hda it records fine (can only
record 1 30min program), but when I record to hdb it crashes. hdb is newer
than hda, any ideas?

Re: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 13 August 2002 02:00 am, Jason M. wrote:
> When I watch TV or play recordings they play too fast, this makes watching
> TV impossible because it is always waiting to buffer the video, then plays
> really fast, then waits....
> How can I fix this?

Ah, what speed cpu and the like? Anything suspicious in the startup messages?

> Also, I sent a message earlier about recording causing a system freeze,
> that is (kinda) solved. Right now I only have +-1 Gig on my system drive,
> but I have 6 Gigs on hdb. When I record programs on hda it records fine
> (can only record 1 30min program), but when I record to hdb it crashes. hdb
> is newer than hda, any ideas?

Nope, still no idea. Could be hardware, could be software.

Isaac
RE: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 13 August 2002 02:00 am, Jason M. wrote:
> When I watch TV or play recordings they play too fast, this makes
> watching TV impossible because it is always waiting to buffer the
> video, then plays really fast, then waits.... How can I fix this?

>Ah, what speed cpu and the like? Anything suspicious in the startup
messages?
P4 1.7 Ghz
256 Meg DDR RAM
Using WinTV and nVidia GeForce 2MX

I don't see anything in the startup messages, while it is playing I
continuously get
A message about reading data from /dev/dsp, that's all.

Re: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 13 August 2002 11:34 am, griffenjam wrote:
> P4 1.7 Ghz
> 256 Meg DDR RAM
> Using WinTV and nVidia GeForce 2MX
>
> I don't see anything in the startup messages, while it is playing I
> continuously get
> A message about reading data from /dev/dsp, that's all.

And the message is? That's pretty much what I meant by 'anything suspicious'.

Isaac
RE: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 13 August 2002 11:34 am, griffenjam wrote:
> P4 1.7 Ghz
> 256 Meg DDR RAM
> Using WinTV and nVidia GeForce 2MX
>
> I don't see anything in the startup messages, while it is playing I
> continuously get A message about reading data from /dev/dsp, that's
> all.

>And the message is? That's pretty much what I meant by 'anything
suspicious'.

>Isaac

It says how many bytes it read. Useally I think it's 1024, but sometimes
it's 0.
Re: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
I'm going to need the error message -- that line, and the one that's printed
immediately after, that starts with 'read audio: '.

Isaac

Re: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
>I'm going to need the error message -- that line, and the one that's
>printed
>immediately after, that starts with 'read audio: '.
>
>Isaac

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...
only read 3072 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp'
read audio: Success
only read -1 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp'
read audio: File descriptor in bad state
Using XV port 63

Re: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
What soundcard? Alsa/oss?

Isaac

Re: TV and Recordings play too fast. [ In reply to ]
I have onboard sound (CMedia-PCI)
I only her sound through oss (in GNOME), I don't hear any sound in KDE.

Also, since the new release everytime I select Watch TV the TV comes up for
about 5 seconds
then it switches to the menu, I can still select mythtv in the taskbar, and
when I select it it will staty up.