Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Experience running mod_perl2 with mpm_event on Solaris 11 [ In reply to ]
LOL IF YOU THINK THE WAIT FOR ITHREAD SUPPORT WAS A LONG TIME COMING.

https://github.com/majorz/apache2-rs/tree/master/src

--
Joe Schaefer, Ph.D.
We only build what you need built.
Re: Experience running mod_perl2 with mpm_event on Solaris 11 [ In reply to ]
On Aug 26, 2022, at 1:16 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> AFAICT you guys are just too lazy to look.

That came across as rude, Joe. Not all of us are experts at Perl internals or track the latest changes to Perl's ithread support and/or glibc, and it's generally been accepted in the mod_perl community for years that mod_perl only works reliably with mpm_prefork. To the best of my recollection, there haven't been any reports of mod_perl working under mpm_event prior to your messages about using it on Solaris a couple weeks ago. But thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences. It does seem well worth exploring.

Regards,
Ed
Re: Experience running mod_perl2 with mpm_event on Solaris 11 [ In reply to ]
You're welcome. Pardon my rudeness, but you will understand when I tell
you that I developed sealed.pm after proving ithreads are solid on Solaris
over 2 years ago, and communicated with the Perl5 community on FB and LI
about the same thing I did here last week. There is considerable racism
and dysfunction around the whole ithread effort involving p5p, and that is
plainly evident that those prejudices impact this project’s user base,
which is a real shame to see compared with the interest and excitement
around our work 20y ago.

Re: Experience running mod_perl2 with mpm_event on Solaris 11 [ In reply to ]
I have a v4.0.0 beta for sealed.pm that I expect will be fully operational
with mod_perl+ithreads now, but I will let it soak for a week to see what
happens in prod.