Mailing List Archive

Is mod_perl the module being used in Apache HTTP web server?
Subject: Is mod_perl the module being used in Apache HTTP web server?

Good day from Singapore,

Is mod_perl the module being used in Apache HTTP web server?

From Wikipedia:

"mod_perl is an optional module for the Apache HTTP server. It embeds
a Perl interpreter into the Apache server. In addition to allowing
Apache modules to be written in the Perl programming language, it
allows the Apache web server to be dynamically configured by Perl
programs."

Is my Virtualmin/Webmin web hosting server control panel also using
mod_perl? I think Virtualmin and Webmin are written in the Perl
programming language.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
2nd Jan 2022 Sunday Singapore Time
Re: Is mod_perl the module being used in Apache HTTP web server? [ In reply to ]
Nope. webmin etc is written in perl as a web development language.
modperl is the built-in module in apache httpd server which can control
every stage of a HTTP request.
such as mod_auth, mod_rewrite etc, they can all rewritten by modperl.

Re: Is mod_perl the module being used in Apache HTTP web server? [ In reply to ]
I see.