Mailing List Archive

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-2.0.12 RC2 (with INSTALL update)
This works on Debian Linux 11.2, although with a number of warnings,
but the end result is a successful compilation with a functioning
Apache2 module.

I submitted a pull request for the INSTALL file to include specific
"simple instructions" for Debian Linux 11.2:

Added instructions for Debian Linux 11.2 #4
https://www,github.com/apache/mod_perl/pull/4

Thanks so very much for all the excellent and important work you're
doing in maintaining and updating mod_perl2. (The same goes for
everyone else who's been contributing to this Apache2 module.)

> Please download, test, and report back on this mod_perl 2.0.12 release
> candidate.
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/perl/mod_perl-2.0.12-rc2.tar.gz
>
> SHA256:
> mod_perl-2.0.12-rc2.tar.gz: 3203E37F 7A37732B DE5F171D 4322B4AF 525A447C
> 7AAA908E A07A9622 ADDC9FE0
>
> SHA512:
> mod_perl-2.0.12-rc2.tar.gz: 5AA7537F 7ED1425E 6D5D3C6D F0167E64 9C2B09F4
> 76A756F7 66446277 77D383D2 9D7ED383 603D9B29
> BAC34D83 B064E5A8 BDF843B8 BE102404 316BF50E
> 2382FD47
>
> Changes since RC1 are as follows:
>
> Add bug tracker information to README, and add CONTRIBUTING.md. [Steve Hay]

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
https://www.inter-corporate.com/
Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-2.0.12 RC2 (with INSTALL update) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 at 21:42, Randolf Richardson <randolf@modperl.pl> wrote:

> This works on Debian Linux 11.2, although with a number of warnings,
> but the end result is a successful compilation with a functioning
> Apache2 module.
>
> I submitted a pull request for the INSTALL file to include specific
> "simple instructions" for Debian Linux 11.2:
>
> Added instructions for Debian Linux 11.2 #4
> https://www,github.com/apache/mod_perl/pull/4

Apologies for the very long delay in responding to this. I hope to
release 2.0.13 soon, and have finally spotted this PR in Github. (As
Ed already commented on the PR, the Github repository is just a
readonly mirror of our SVN repository. Issues should ideally be raised
via rt.cpan.org, as per https://metacpan.org/dist/mod_perl/contribute)

I'm happy to include the simple install instructions, but like Ed I
also question the prerequisites.

On Windows the only prerequisite is Win32::Process. Extra tests are
run if CGI and/or LWP are also installed, but they're not required.
Compress::Zlib is not required either, and its absence doesn't even
seem to prevent to tests from being run.

Prerequisites are already documented in the README file. Currently,
only Apache and Perl are listed. If anything else is required then
that would be the place to add that part.