Mailing List Archive

Add Contributing file? (was Re: unwanted setlocale() interaction between mod_php and mod_perl2)
On Nov 23, 2021, at 3:34 AM, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The mod_perl bug tracker is
> https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Name=mod_perl, which can be
> accessed from the "Issues" link in the left-hand menu at the
> metacpan.org page, https://metacpan.org/pod/mod_perl2. (I think you
> need to log in to an account on rt.cpan.org to actually report bugs
> there.) This probably ought to be documented better somewhere. I will
> add a note to the README file at least.

While you are modifying the README, could you add a CONTRIBUTING or CONTRIBUTING.md or Contributing.pod file as well? This would make it so that the "How to Contribute" link in the left sidebar on the metacpan.org page would display something useful. Personally, this is always the first link I check when I want to submit a patch or issue on something Perl-related. Compare https://metacpan.org/dist/mod_perl/contribute to https://metacpan.org/dist/DBD-Pg/contribute, e.g. This file should document how to check out the source code repository, how and where to submit patches, where to file issues, etc. I think it would be extremely useful, and it doesn't need to be anything elaborate. You could just copy https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bucardo/dbdpg/master/CONTRIBUTING.md and make some edits to that.

Thanks,
Ed
Re: Add Contributing file? (was Re: unwanted setlocale() interaction between mod_php and mod_perl2) [ In reply to ]

Now updated here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1896119

> While you are modifying the README, could you add a CONTRIBUTING or CONTRIBUTING.md or Contributing.pod file as well? This would make it so that the "How to Contribute" link in the left sidebar on the metacpan.org page would display something useful. Personally, this is always the first link I check when I want to submit a patch or issue on something Perl-related. Compare https://metacpan.org/dist/mod_perl/contribute to https://metacpan.org/dist/DBD-Pg/contribute, e.g. This file should document how to check out the source code repository, how and where to submit patches, where to file issues, etc. I think it would be extremely useful, and it doesn't need to be anything elaborate. You could just copy https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bucardo/dbdpg/master/CONTRIBUTING.md and make some edits to that.

Now added here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1896120

RC2 on its way shortly.