potential starting point for discussion for those using mod_perl at the
most basic level.

Jim
RE: mod_perl alternatives [EXT] [ In reply to ]
The problem is I don't think there is mod_perl is quite a unique infrastructure - across all language I believe! I don't think any other language/framework gives you this level of flexibility.

Most frameworks just concentrate on the request phase and shoe horn everything in there - so you can't mix and match which technologies you use for different parts of the release cycle.

I looked at rewriting our framework in PSGI - dancer - and although it is possible we would have had to throw away 50% of the ultra-cool features or implement a fake request cycle with the request phase {to mimic what most dancer developers do anyway} but then putting the configurable logic in would add a whole new issue - apache has this nice config framework all setup you can use.

The other bit that as missing was the non-Perl part to be able to have different parts of the process handled by different languages (even the response phase)