Mailing List Archive

HTML template for MP2
Currently my mp2 handler outputs the content just for an JSON API, which
behaves well.
If I want mp2 to output a full HTML page, what's the suggested template for
this?

Thank you
Re: HTML template for MP2 [ In reply to ]
On 12/29/20 8:55 PM, Matthias Peng wrote:
> Currently my mp2 handler outputs the content just for an JSON API, which
> behaves well.
> If I want mp2 to output a full HTML page, what's the suggested template
> for this?

There are a lot of ways to answer this, and I'm not sure what the
question you're actually asking is. If you're looking for a templating
system to use in an application written for mod_perl, then you can use
any of the various ones that exist for perl. They should all work fine
under mod_perl. I personally use Template Toolkit pretty much
exclusively, but other people use other things.

But you might be asking what you can/should use to build a web
application designed to run under mod_perl, which is a totally different
set of things. Though those things probably use Template Toolkit, or
something like it internally.

Alternatively you could just be asking how do i return a 200 response
with a text/html Content Type. In which case you can start with the
sadly concise / incomplete examples here:

https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html

Adam