From: Mithun Bhattacharya <mithnb@gmail.com>
Sent: 14 September 2020 06:49
To: mod_perl list <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Subject: Re: cache a object in modperl [EXT]

Haha I can't answer that - I work with systems which are always up. We have users working across the globe so there is no non-active time.

In my case I would have to throw an independent cache (my current choice is REDIS but you could chose a DB_File for all I know) and refresh it as needed - IANA I could hit every 30 min to check for update :)

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:44 AM Wesley Peng <wpeng@pobox.com<mailto:wpeng@pobox.com>> wrote:

Mithun Bhattacharya wrote:
> Does IANA have an easy way of determining whether there is an update
> since a certain date ? I was thinking it might make sense to just run a
> scheduled job to monitor for update and then restart your service or
> refresh your local cache depending upon how you solve it.

Yes I agree with this.
I may monitor IANA's database via their version changes, and run a
crontab to restart my apache server during the non-active user time
(i.e, 3:00 AM).

Or do you have better solution?
Thanks.

--
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research