Mailing List Archive

RE: Embperl Status
Gerald,

I have ported my 1.3.6 site up to 2.3.0 Embperl::Object and there is only one thing that is still an issue. The application intermittently claims that it can't find my personal perl modules in @ISA even though in my _base.epl I specifically include my library as follows.

[- use lib "/usr/local/bat/htdocs"; -]

- Is this problem due to caching? If so, how can I turn it off?
- All of my perl modules compile and execute fine - as previously stated, this is an intermittent problem

Here is my httpd.conf (Apache 2.2.10)

LoadModule perl_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so
LoadModule embperl_module /usr/local/src/Embperl-2.3.0/blib/arch/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName vmbat.hitsshq.com
ServerAlias www.vmbat.hitsshq.com
DirectoryIndex index.html
ServerAdmin david.g.williams@nasa.gov
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/bat/htdocs"
ErrorLog "logs/error_log"
CustomLog "logs/access_log" common

PerlModule Embperl

Alias /images/ /usr/local/bat/images/
<Directory /usr/local/bat/images>
Options All
Order allow,deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/bat/htdocs>
AllowOverride None
<FilesMatch "\.(html|jpe?g|gif|png|txt|xls|xml|doc|ppt|pdf|js|rss|css|swf)$">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Embperl::Object
EMBPERL_APPNAME bat
EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE _base.epl
EMBPERL_OBJECT_STOPDIR /usr/local/bat/htdocs
EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
EMBPERL_INPUT_ESCMODE 1
EMBPERL_OBJECT_ADDPATH /usr/local/bat/htdocs
EMBPERL_EXPIRES_IN 0
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
#Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</FilesMatch>
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Also, it would be helpful if you could tell me how to configure Embperl to automatically serve index.html when no web page is specified on the command line.

Thank you

Dave Williams