Mailing List Archive

Update Apache2.0 configuration
I decided to update my apache configuration to include modssl which I
left out of the original installation in 2005. Evidently I don't have
openssl headers
on the server so I guess it is time to reinstall everything. The
problem is that this is a substantial site with a lot of use and I don't
want to kill my current
embperl, modperl configuration or kill sshd.

The Server is a 2.0.54 and embperl is, I believe, a DSO since it is
brought into apache with a LoadModule command in the httpd.conf file

LoadModule embperl_module
"/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i586-linux-thread-multi/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so"

PerlModule Embperl
#EMBPERL_DEBUG 255
#EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /embperl/log
EMBPERL_LOG /tmp/embperl.log
#SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2147475453
EMBPERL_DEBUG 262399
Embperl_UseEnv on

It's been a few years since I've done any of this. I'd prefer to
compile modssl separately and load it
with the httpd.conf file. It is not currently compiled into httpd

www2:/usr/src/httpd-2.0.54 # /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
core.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_include.c
mod_log_config.c
mod_env.c
mod_setenvif.c
prefork.c
http_core.c
mod_mime.c
mod_status.c
mod_autoindex.c
mod_asis.c
mod_cgi.c
mod_negotiation.c
mod_dir.c
mod_imap.c
mod_actions.c
mod_userdir.c
mod_alias.c
mod_so.c

I downloaded openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz
<http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz> but before
<http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz>I proceed I thought
it would be a good idea to get feedback from the group
on suggestions on how best to go forward.

Ruben