make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

I manullay fixed that error by replacing the curly brace with ordinary
brace. Again i got error in errdoc,htm. When i fixed the error by replacing
the curly barce with "C" brace.

Even then the make test was not successful.

Can anyone help me in this regard

Thanks
Senthil
Re: make test failure in Embperl 2.2.0 and 2.3.0 versions [ In reply to ]
Senthilkumar R wrote:
> I am getting the following error when run "make test".
>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [-1]Missing right curly or square bracket at
> /tmp/Embperl-2.2.0/test/html/error.htm line 60, at end of line
>

> ERRORS detected! NOT all tests have been passed successfully
>
> cat: test/tmp/httpd.pid: No such file or directory
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1
>
> I manullay fixed that error by replacing the curly brace with ordinary
> brace. Again i got error in errdoc,htm. When i fixed the error by
> replacing the curly barce with "C" brace.
>
> Even then the make test was not successful.
>
> Can anyone help me in this regard
>
> Thanks
> Senthil

I get exactly the same error. I don't know why 2.3 was checked in with
the broken test script. The only thing I can guess is that it somehow
works with Gerald's setup. I am building from source tarball on Debian
Lenny.

I ended up just skipping the 'make test' and winging it with 'make install'.

Neil