Mailing List Archive

Embperl::Object::Execute syntax question
I have a an Embperl::Object Web site with one .epl file that in some
cases should use the template of the rest of the site, and in other
cases should be templateless, depending on the state of a variable.
So I have given it a different extension than the other files on the
site to exclude it from Embperl::Object by default, and am trying to
call Embperl::Object::Execute for the cases in which it does need to
use the template.

Here is a simplified test version of that page:

[.-
use Embperl::Object;
$to = "cruel";
$testpage = "<h2>test</h2><p>hello [+ $to +] world</p>";
Embperl::Object::Execute({ inputfile => '/var/www/press',
input => \$testpage,
escmode => 7,
object_base => 'base.epl',
appname => 'terminuspress'
});
-]

From experimentation, I've found that "inputfile" can be set to any
existing file or directory; it is ignored but can't be omitted. I've
also found that "appname" should be the same as the rest of the site.

The problem is that "object_base" is not used: the template is not
applied. Whether I include or exclude the full path doesn't matter.

Any ideas what is wrong?

TIA

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor