Mailing List Archive

Embperl app. no longer works after linux upgrade; namespace issue & seg fault]
Dear Gerald and others,

I was happily developing an application with Embperl and it was going great,
but now my application doesn't work and I'm banging my head against the
wall.

I was using
Slackware with Kernel 2.4.x
Apache2.0,
Embperl 2.2.0 or Embperl 2.3.0 (I don't remember)
mod_perl 2.0.2 or mod_perl 2.0.3 (I don't remember)
and I don't remember the perl version.

I had a crash and had to reinstall linux, and now I have two big errors: the
first is that subroutine calls don't work right, and the second is lots of
seg faults in apache child processes.

In my base.html, I have

use Caspian::Util qw/&debug &other_function1 &other_function2/;

where Caspian/Util.pm is my own module.

then in the rest of the app I simply call debug(...),
other_function1(...), etc. But now I get the following error:

[6076]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Undefined subroutine
&Embperl::__2::debug called at /home/httpd/htdocs/index.html line 39.

What could cause this, if it worked fine before?

I swallowed my pride and changed all instances of debug(...),
other_function1(...), etc. to fully qualified named like
Caspian::Util::debug(...), Caspian::Util::other_function1(..) etc.,
and the error disappeared;

BUT I am seeing lots of seg faults in apache child processes in my server
log.

My current setup is

Debian with Kernel 2.6.23.1
Apache/2.0.61
Embperl/2.3.0
mod_perl/2.0.3
Perl/v5.8.8

make test for the mod_perl and Embperl installations was successful by the way.

Can someone please point me to a stable, tested combination of apache,
embperl, mod_perl, and perl versions?

Thank you very much,

Allen Haim

--
happy random george orwell advice for making tea:

Tea is meant to be bitter, just as beer is meant to be bitter.

RE: Embperl app. no longer works after linux upgrade; namespace issue & seg fault] [ In reply to ]
Hi,

For me this looks like you did not have a LoadModule and PerlModule for
Embperl in your httpd.conf.

If this is not clear please mail your httpd.conf

Gerald

Gerald Richter ECOS electronic communication services GmbH

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 939-122
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 939-333

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dienheim; AG Mainz HRB 6889
Geschäftsführer: Wolfgang Heck, Gerald Richter