Mailing List Archive

virtualhosts with same Docroots - workaround or solution?
> Hi,
>
> I guess the problem is that Embperl is not aware of these two Perl
> interpreters. There are some structures that are process global inside
> of Embperl (even it is designed to support multiple interpreteres and
> threads, it's not done yet).
> I would suggest to just run two instances of Apache. Since Perl is what
> takes up the memory, it will not make much difference to have two Apache
> instance or having two Perl interpreter inside one Apache instance (at
> least as long as the prefork mpm is used)

That's true, but maintenance becomes are little more complicated.
Anyway,
what I encountered is the following:
If I supply every virtual host with a "Embperl_Package" - Parameter it
seems to work as desired.
Do you think this is coincidental or is it a thing Embperl Package
should / may be used for?

best frank

--
mit freundlichem Gruß,

Frank Wesemann
Fotofinder GmbH USt-IdNr. DE812854514
Software Entwicklung Web: http://www.fotofinder.net/
Potsdamer Str. 96 Tel: +49 30 25 79 28 90
10785 Berlin Fax: +49 30 25 79 28 999

Sitz: Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg (HRB 73099)
Geschäftsführer: Ali Paczensky

RE: virtualhosts with same Docroots - workaround or solution? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> That's true, but maintenance becomes are little more complicated.

I simply use the same httpd.conf, with some <ifdefine > inside, to make
maintaince easy.

> Anyway,
> what I encountered is the following:
> If I supply every virtual host with a "Embperl_Package" -
> Parameter it seems to work as desired.
> Do you think this is coincidental or is it a thing Embperl
> Package should / may be used for?

The backdraw of this is, that all your page are compiled into the same
namespace, so for example haveing the same sub into two pages, will not
work.

If this is no problem for it might work, as long as other modules with
the same name, but different content are not loaded into the same
namespace.

Gerald