Does anyone have Embperl working with Apache 2.4?

Thanks,
Jim
Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
I use Embperl on Gentoo Linux with Apache 2.4, mod_perl 2 and whatever
perl version Gentoo Linux uses (was 5.24-5.30 in recent years).
I've always had to manually build my Embperl, but recently started to
set up the Embperl source code with the various patches from Debian and
other sources applied. See https://github.com/doj/Embperl

I'll add a Gentoo ebuild to that github repository soon.

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann
----> http://cubic.org/~doj

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
Well, I will have the joy of trying this again in a few days.

I am working on a healthcare system on embperl and modperl and I'll need
to produce and virtual image with the code

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 11:11:54PM -0800, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
> I use Embperl on Gentoo Linux with Apache 2.4, mod_perl 2 and
> whatever perl version Gentoo Linux uses (was 5.24-5.30 in recent
> years).
> I've always had to manually build my Embperl, but recently started
> to set up the Embperl source code with the various patches from
> Debian and other sources applied. See https://github.com/doj/Embperl
>
> I'll add a Gentoo ebuild to that github repository soon.

I am using Artix so a Gentoo based code would be very handy. I had to
back off the most recent perl sources and use debian tools to finally
get a working compile.

I should be better at hacking this than I am ..

Ruben

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
Thanks. I recompiled again with apache and mod_perl source and apache is
starting now. :) I must have messed up when I did the last compile.

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 05:55:45PM -0800, Jim Tappe wrote:
> Thanks. I recompiled again with apache and mod_perl source and apache is
> starting now. :) I must have messed up when I did the last compile.
>
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 9:26 PM Jim Tappe <jtappe@gmail.com> wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea what your are talking about or what you did at
this point.

Without help, it doesn't compile out of the box

I'm glad it is working for you

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
Well, I compiled Empberl along with apache and mod perl source as follows.

cd \tmp\Embperl-2.5.0_4
perl Makefile.PL
Found mod_perl 2.0
Build with support for Apache mod_perl?(y/n) [y]y
Use /usr/include/httpd as Apache source(y/n) [y]y

make
make install

Software versions.
Embperl-2.5.0_4
Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)
mod_perl-2.0.11

It's compiling and apache starts. That's as far as I am.

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
what version of perl

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
This does not compile out of the box
Embperl-2.5.0_4
mod_perl-2.0.11.tar.gz
perl-5.30.0.tar.gz
httpd-2.4.41.tar.bz2

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
[root@centos-s-2vcpu-4gb-sfo2-01 conf]# perl -v

This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2012, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl". If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
Right that is an old perl, and the problem is the new perl

It is not that secure FWIW.

We are up to 5.30+

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Re: Apache 2.4? [ In reply to ]
OK - so here is the thing, and I don't know why

you need to compile apache without static mpms and then load mpm_prefork
in the config file

Build apache

./configure --enable-mpms-shared=all

http.conf:
#LoadModule macro_module modules/mod_macro.so
LoadModule mpm_prefork_module modules/mod_mpm_prefork.so
#LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so

Why? I don't know. I would love an explanation.

Ruben