Mailing List Archive

Embperl::exit() not working in Perl 5.20.2
Hi, been using Embperl 2.5.9_3 for some years now. Just had to upgrade
my server from Debian Wheezy to Debian Jessie, which has Perl 5.20.2. I
am finding that Embperl::exit() no longer seems to work. It's easy to
replicate, e.g.

Hello world!
[- Embperl::exit() -]
Uh oh

The "Uh oh" shouldn't be present in the output, but now it is. I have
tried passing a code to exit, e.g. exit(200) but no difference. I use
this extensively through my code, so this is kind of potentially bad...
anybody got any ideas for how to fix it? I mean yes, I can go through
and refactor 20 man years of code, but is there any quick way to get
this working again the way it was in previous versions of Perl? I kind
of have to upgrade to Jessie (and then Stretch) because Debian Wheezy
was just getting too old and some software I need to use wouldn't work
or compile on it. So push came to shove.

Any ideas or patches would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Neil