for Ubuntu 16.04

Versions:

Apache2: 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.2
Perl v5.22.1
mod_perl 2.0.9-4ubuntu1
Embperl 2.5.0

any hints about this?

Thanks, Benni
Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 07:55:31AM +0200, Benni B?rmann wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> i try to give some new life to an old emperl aplication, but there is this
> error (shown in the browser):
>
> Error in Perl code: Can't call method "app" on an undefined value at
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22/Embperl/Util.pm line 108.

what is the line?

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
The line:

$sess = $Embperl::req -> app -> udat ;

The whole function:

sub CreateAliases

{
my $package = caller ;

my $dummy ;

no strict ;

if (!defined(${"$package\:\:row"}))
{ # create new aliases for Embperl magic vars

foreach (@AliasScalar)
{
*{"$package\:\:$_"} = \${"Embperl\:\:$_"} ;
$dummy = ${"$package\:\:$_"} ; # necessary to make sure
variable exists!
}
*{"$package\:\:epreq"} = \$Embperl::req ;
*{"$package\:\:epapp"} = \$Embperl::app ;

foreach (@AliasHash)
{
*{"$package\:\:$_"} = \%{"Embperl\:\:$_"} ;
}
foreach (@AliasArray)
{
*{"$package\:\:$_"} = \@{"Embperl\:\:$_"} ;
}

my $sess ;
$sess = $Embperl::req -> app -> udat ;
*{"$package\:\:udat"} = $sess if ($sess) ;
$sess = $Embperl::req -> app -> mdat ;
*{"$package\:\:mdat"} = $sess if ($sess) ;
$sess = $Embperl::req -> app -> sdat ;
*{"$package\:\:sdat"} = $sess if ($sess) ;

*{"$package\:\:exit"} = \&Embperl::exit ;
*{"$package\:\:MailFormTo"} = \&Embperl::Util::MailFormTo ;
*{"$package\:\:Execute"} = \&Embperl::Req::ExecuteComponent ;

tie *{"$package\:\:LOG"}, 'Embperl::Log' ;
tie *{"$package\:\:OUT"}, 'Embperl::Out' ;

my $addcleanup = \%{"$package\:\:CLEANUP"} ;
$addcleanup -> {'CLEANUP'} = 0 ;
$addcleanup -> {'EXPIRES'} = 0 ;
$addcleanup -> {'CACHE_KEY'} = 0 ;
$addcleanup -> {'OUT'} = 0 ;
$addcleanup -> {'LOG'} = 0 ;
}

use strict ;
}

Thanks, Benni

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
On 05/17/2017 03:45 AM, Benni Bärmann wrote:
> $sess = $Embperl::req -> app -> udat ;

there has to be udat

look up the req module

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
On 05/17/2017 03:45 AM, Benni Bärmann wrote:
> $sess = $Embperl::req -> app -> udat ;
off hand, it seems like an installation problem

that is the request object, I believe.

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
found it: you have to enable mpm_prefork module in apache.

thanks for the help anyway :)

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
On 05/17/2017 08:53 AM, Benni Bärmann wrote:
> found it: you have to enable mpm_prefork module in apache.
>
> thanks for the help anyway :)

what, I wasn't helpful :)

We figured out it wasn't likely the pearl and the trouble was in Apache

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 02:53:03PM +0200, Benni B?rmann wrote:
> found it: you have to enable mpm_prefork module in apache.
>
> thanks for the help anyway :)

> >> off hand, it seems like an installation problem
> >>

> > i think so, yes. but i have no idea how to solve it.

Ah HAH! I have this same problem. There is a bug in the build somehow.

> >> that is the request object, I believe.
> >>

> > it is in the main Embperl.pm in the directory below Util.pm.

Embperl.pm is using Util.pm, not the other way around

Re: Fwd: undefined value in Emperl/Util.pm [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 03:51:39AM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 02:53:03PM +0200, Benni B?rmann wrote:
> > found it: you have to enable mpm_prefork module in apache.

When I do this, I get an error
AH00534: httpd: Configuration error: More than one MPM loaded.

ruben@aps:/usr/local/apache2/conf> sudo grep "^Load"
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf|grep mpm
LoadModule mpm_prefork_module modules/mod_mpm_prefork.so

there seems to be only one!