Mailing List Archive

AddHandle perl-script *
Bare with me a momement here because it has taken me two days to figure
even this much out.

I wanted to create a mod_perl module to forbid certain noxious urls
patterns and in it worked by when I needed a directory URL then the
server failed to make the translation to index.html.

Embperl had always been hidden behind the <File *html> directive but for
the new blocking module there is was.

For two days I tried to debug this and finally I happened along this
instruction page:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache2-ModProxyPerlHtml/ModProxyPerlHtml.pm

PerlInputFilterHandler Apache2::ModProxyPerlHtml
PerlOutputFilterHandler Apache2::ModProxyPerlHtml
SetHandler perl-script
# Use line below iand comment line above if you experience error:
# "Attempt to serve directory". The reason is that with SetHandler
# DirectoryIndex is not working
# AddHandler perl-script *

So I said Oh - there is the bug in mod_perl. So I changed all the
SetHandler perl-scripts to AddHAndler perl-script

Big Problem

embperl stopped working now.
Embperl seems to NEED SetHandler Perl-script

Is there a workaround?

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Re: AddHandle perl-script * [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 09:14:19PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> Bare with me a momement here because it has taken me two days to figure
> even this much out.

Should mod_index run BEFORE embperl or after it?