function returns a non-zero value. Some are associated with normal HTTP
problems (e.g., the return value is 404 if there was an HTTP 404 error).

However, often times the return value is -1. I can't figure out what is
causing these. I used the 'errors' config parameter, and inspected the
@error array, but it is empty. Does anyone have any insight into what types
of errors return the -1 value?

Thanks and regards,

- Doug Rayner

RE: Embperl::Object::Execute() returns -1 [ In reply to ]
Did you take a look in the error log (i.e. STDERR of your FastCGI process). There should something show up there

Gerald

Re: Embperl::Object::Execute() returns -1 [ In reply to ]
There was nothing else in the apache error log. I had coded a warn whenever
the return value was -1 and that was all that appears in the log. And as I
say, I checked the 'errrors' config array and it was empty.

One of my concerns about this is that in some, but not all cases, it seems
that the state of the process may be compromized. For example, it seems to
have confused session management (we are using Apache::SessionX with File
store for session management).

Thanks and regards,

Doug Rayner
Senior System Architect
Savicom: Next Generation eMail Marketing
http://www.savicom.net
(415) 617-9006

RE: Embperl::Object::Execute() returns -1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Doug,

sorry for the late reply.

I don't have a clue what is happening.

I would suggest to set EMBPERL_LOG to -1 and take a look at the embperl.log file. This might give more information what is going on.

Gerald