changing the html-page, but when mod_perl is tested the following error
occurs:

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii... ok
#1 pure.htm... ok
#2 nooutput.htm... ok
#106 registry/tied.htm...
Error in Line 15
Is: ><!DOCTYPEHTMLPUBLIC"-//IETF//DTDHTML2.0//EN"><
Should: >rc=0<
Input: test/html/registry/tied.htm
Output: test/tmp/out.htm
Compared to: test/cmp/tied.htm
Log: test/tmp/test.log
Testparameter:
modperl = 1
errors = 3
condition = !$EPWIN32

ERRORS detected! NOT all tests have been passed successfully

make: *** [test_dynamic] Beendet
Beendet

Can anybody tell me what goes wrong?

Thanks,

Michael

PS: I'm using:
- openSuse 11.1
- Embperl-2.3.0
- Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE) mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 configured

The relevant part in my testpage is:

Embedded Perl Time Report<br>
[- $now = localtime() -]
The time on the server is [+ $now +] <br>

RE: Compiling/using Embperl [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> I've compiled and installed embperl and tested it with a small http-
> page and
> it works ... but only once. When I press 'reload' the page is sometimes
> displayed correctly, but often there is displayd en error:
>
> Error message:
> Assertion ((svtype)((hv)->sv_flags & 0xff)) == SVt_PVHV failed: file
> "hv.c",
> line 343 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-
> multi/Embperl.pm
> line 178.
>
> after a restart of the httpd it always works .

Do you use prefork or threaded Apache?

> Also there are errors in the testsuite. Some of them I could correct by
> changing the html-page, but when mod_perl is tested the following error
> occurs:

The test suite is not yet adapted to Perl 5.10.

I am currently working on that issue

Gerald

Re: Compiling/using Embperl [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I think it a prefork-apache; rpm says:

~/tmp/Embperl-2.3.0> rpm -qa | grep -i apache
apache2-utils-2.2.10-2.8.1
apache2-devel-2.2.10-2.8.1
apache2-prefork-2.2.10-2.8.1
apache2-mod_perl-2.0.4-40.12
apache2-2.2.10-2.8.1

when I try to remove apache2-prefork (which automatically installs
apache2-worker-2.2.10-2.8.1) the error remains.

I've got the suggestion to compile Apache from the sources, but I hope there
is an other solution!?!?

thanks

Michael

RE: Compiling/using Embperl [ In reply to ]
Hi,

it's on my TODO list to test it with SuSE Apache/mod_perl, but I didn't have done it yet.

You have to use prefork, I just wanted to make sure you don't use worker, because this could cause such trouble.

It might be the case that Apache/mod_perl is compiled different than Embperl when you use the SuSE binaries, so compiling from the source could solve the problem, but I am not sure.

The other possibility is that you wait until I get the time to take a deeper look into it, because I don't have any clue yet

Gerald

P.S. as long as it is only a development system, you can run Embperl as CGI, which should not suffer from this problem

RE: Compiling/using Embperl [ In reply to ]
See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/Config.-page-1-.htm#sect_2

Gerald

RE: Compiling/using Embperl [ In reply to ]
Hi,

please test http://www.embperl.org/downloads/Embperl-2.4.0_2.tar.gz

It working for me on openSUSE 11.2

If you still get the Asseration error message after the first try, please provide me with a small example the can be used to reproduce the error. The few lines you showed me below, does not trigger the error for me.

Gerald

Re: Compiling/using Embperl [ In reply to ]
I get a warning about files missing from my kit:

Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
eg/forms/Embperl/MyForm
eg/forms/Embperl/MyForm/DataSource

The build succeeds. Running "make test" gives:

Starting httpd... pid = 5039 ok

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii...

[-1]ap_get_server_description() not available until httpd/2.2.4
falling back to ap_get_server_version() at
/opt/dianomi/perl/lib/5.8.9/x86_64-linux/XSLoader.pm line 94.
[-2]ap_get_server_banner() not available until httpd/2.2.4 falling
back to ap_get_server_version() at
/opt/dianomi/perl/lib/5.8.9/x86_64-linux/XSLoader.pm line 94.
[-3]ap_get_server_description() not available until httpd/2.2.4
falling back to ap_get_server_version() at
/opt/dianomi/perl/lib/5.8.9/x86_64-linux/XSLoader.pm line 94.

Input: test/html/ascii
Output: test/tmp/out.htm
Log: test/tmp/test.log

ERRORS detected! NOT all tests have been passed successfully

make: *** [test_dynamic] Terminated
Terminated

This is on RHEL 5.4 with a custom local perl and mod_perl.

On 19 March 2010 05:47, Gerald Richter - ECOS <gerald.richter@ecos.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please test http://www.embperl.org/downloads/Embperl-2.4.0_2.tar.gz
>
> It working for me on openSUSE 11.2
>
> If you still get the Asseration error message after the first try, please provide me with a small example the can be used to reproduce the error. The few lines you showed me below, does not trigger the error for me.
>
> Gerald

Michael Stevens
Dianomi Ltd
18 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6LB

Tel: 020 7802 5530
Fax: 020 7630 7356
www.dianomi.com

The information in this message and any attachment is intended for the
addressee and is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
Dianomi Ltd, Registered Office: One America Square, Crosswall, London.
EC3N 2SG. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration
Number 4513809. VAT registration number: 809754988