But it does not seem to work. How should I do this (what is
the right way of doing this with embperl) ?

Maybe some hardcoded use lib "xxx" inside startup.pl ?

Thanks for your help !

--
Jean-Christophe Boggio -o)
embperl@thefreecat.org /\\
Independant Consultant and Developer _\_V

Re: sub BEGIN in embperl ? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Am 19.10.2009 um 12:45 schrieb Jean-Christophe Boggio:

> Hello,
>
> I wish to "use" some library that is not located on the PATH so
> I try this kind of code inside my base.epl :
>
> sub BEGIN {
> my $script = $ENV{SCRIPT_FILENAME};
> $script =~ s/^(.*)\/.*?$/$1/;
> push @INC,$script;
> push @INC,"$script/..";
> }
>
> But it does not seem to work. How should I do this (what is
> the right way of doing this with embperl) ?
>
> Maybe some hardcoded use lib "xxx" inside startup.pl ?

We 'use lib "xxx"' in our startup.pl and that works.

But be careful: the used libs are only compiled once and available in
all websites (if you use "mod_perl") - so namespaces of your modules
should be different to avoid "funny" things...

With best regards,

Dirk Melchers
/// IT/Software-Entwicklung ///

--
NUREG GmbH ///
Dorfäckerstraße 31 | 90427 Nürnberg | Germany

Re: sub BEGIN in embperl ? [ In reply to ]
Dirk Melchers a écrit :
> We 'use lib "xxx"' in our startup.pl and that works.
>
> But be careful: the used libs are only compiled once and available in
> all websites (if you use "mod_perl") - so namespaces of your modules
> should be different to avoid "funny" things...

I see what you mean by "funny" things, thanks for the tip, I probably would have
slipped on that.

Have a nice day,