Mailing List Archive

Re: [RESULT: PASS] [VOTE] Release libapreq2-2.17
On Oct 12, 2022, at 9:47 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 1:16 PM Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 at 09:58, Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing. The release is approved:
>>>
>>> PMC votes: +1 from ylavic, jfclere, jorton
>>>
>>> I will promote the release and announce it.
>>>

>> Thanks for this release. I didn't get round to uploading it to CPAN
>> yet, but a bug report has come in for it anyway:
>>
>> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=144470
>
> Do we have an example of a payload/upload which does not pass apreq's
> multipart parsing in 2.17?

I think the reporter is saying any zero-length file will trigger the hang? Have you tried testing multipart uploads with one of the uploads being a zero-length file, Yann?

I've looked over the diffs between 2.16 and 2.17. I noticed that several loops in consume_header_line() in library/parser_header.c have changed from

while (nlen > 0) { ... }

do { ... } while (nlen > 0);

(including glen and other variants) and the following lines were removed:

if (nlen == 0)
return APR_EBADARG;

With little familiarity with the code, I naively wonder if either or both of those might be the cause since the nlen == 0 case may not be handled now?

Of course, I would really expect the problem to be in library/parser_multipart.c, and there are lots of changes there but nothing that caught my eye as someone unfamiliar with the code.

Thanks,
Ed