Mailing List Archive

Need help for a valid systemctl service file for a production 2.4.43
It seems many folks who are helpful on the users mailing list use the
Debian package for Apache and it installs a systemctl service file.

For users such as I who install from source it would be great if the
docs gave a better example. Looking at the current 2.4 docs I see for
mod_systemd:

<quote>
Example of systemd service unit (more settings are probably needed for
production systems)

[Unit]
Description=The Apache HTTP Server
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=notify
ExecStart=/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -D FOREGROUND -k start
ExecReload=/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -k graceful
KillMode=mixed

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
</quote>

Is the above example safe to use on a robust Apache installation?
(The words in the first line are not very encouraging.)

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom