Mailing List Archive

DESTROY in cleanup handler
Is there a purpose for using a cleanup handler (to call DESTROY) in
Apache::ASP instead of cleaning up at the end of the response handler?

What looks like happened is that due to circular references DESTROY
was not getting called at the end of the request so that a handler was
used to explicitly call DESTROY. But, I'm not clear if there were
other reasons (e.g. need to keep the Apache::ASP object around after
the response was completed). Is there another reason?

The Apache::ASP object holds child objects that reference the
Apache::ASP parent object. Those could be weakened. Also $Session,
$Application, etc. are not localized when running an .asp page so they
hold references until the following request when they are set again
(via InitPackageGlobals).

Bill Moseley.
moseley@hank.org
Sent from my iMutt

Re: DESTROY in cleanup handler [ In reply to ]
Anyone still around that is familiar with Apache::ASP's internals?

--
Bill Moseley.
moseley@hank.org