Hi,

A project I'm working on requires me to deal with non-html files that have in-line perl in the same format as ASP uses. I'm trying to find a simple way to parse the perl in the files like Apache::ASP does with html files without having to use an apache server.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question.
Re: ASP in non-html files [ In reply to ]
Could you please explain what does that mean, "parse the perl" without
apache server?

Re: ASP in non-html files [ In reply to ]
I'm looking to convert the files from for example a c or java file with inline perl to a plain c or java file, the same way i assume Apache::ASP must eventually convert the html files with inline perl into plain html files.

so a file containing:

<% for($i=0; $i<5; ++$i) %>

void testFunc<%=$i%>();

<% } %>

would be converted to a file with

void testFunc0();

void testFunc1();

void testFunc2();

void testFunc3();

void testFunc4();

________________________________

Re: ASP in non-html files [ In reply to ]
For this you can use an asp-perl script which comes with Apache::ASP

(09:50:47)@:~> more test.asp
void testFunc<%=$i%>();
<% } %>

(09:50:57)@:~> asp-perl -b test.asp