Are there any thoughts of updating the Apache::ASP code? I still have lots of pages using the package and would love to keep using it. Otherwise, I guess if this project is not active I will start the unpleasant task of migrating off of it.

Thanks,

Andrew Koebrick

Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4 [ In reply to ]
On 7/9/2013 12:41, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:

> It looks like the Apache2::Connection API changed quite a bit in 2.4

How have you made that determination?

Here's the original Apache2::Connection API reference:

https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Connection.html

If you change the URL in the obvious way for Apache 2.2 or 2.4, you get
a 404 page. I took that to mean the Apache 2.0 Perl API is still the
current API.

Have you tried examining your copy of Apache2/Connection.pm? Assuming
it is actually present -- and if not, that explains the problem -- does
it truly not have a remote_ip() function?

Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4 [ In reply to ]
Please send replies to the mailing list, not direct to the one who
replied to your post.

On 7/9/2013 15:32, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:

> httpd-2.4 has changed it's API somewhat, the
> Apache2::Connection::remote_ip method is now
> Apache2::Connection::client_ip."

So what happens if you change the reference on line 85 of
Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm from remote_ip to client_ip? If it works,
post a patch and someone with a commit bit will apply it for you.

And, if there's anyone reading this from the Perl Apache API
documentation team, why are the Apache 2.0 docs still the only ones on
your site?

RE: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4 [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the misdirected reply.

I have changed all reference from remote_ip to client_ip in the following Apache::ASP files on our system:
Load.pm (1 occurrence)
CGI.pm (2 occurrences)
StateManager.pm (3 occurrences)

That seems to have solved the problem. I hesitate however to post a patch since this fix is only good for Apache2.4 and I believe would break instances running on earlier version. Perhaps a wiser programmer can add the appropriate server version checks in a conditional so that it will work appropriately for all versions of Apache.

Thanks again for the reply. Happy to see that people are still monitoring this list. Incidentally, what is the current project home? http://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-asp or http://www.apache-asp.org/?

Andrew

Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4 [ In reply to ]
The sourceforge is more current if I remember correctly
(I was trying to participate in the project a year ago but eventually was
not able to,
hope I will have a chance...)
Anyway ,I guess that to make it work for multiple Apache version you should
just
check for function being declared (exists or defined would do that)
Evgeny

Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4 [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the ridiculous delay here! I was just looking at getting mod_perl +
apache 2.4 running and it seems to be a work in progress still, and the latest
status seems to be here dated April 2014:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/201404.mbox/browser

"The latest release of mod_perl doesn't yet support httpd-2.4, but we
are working on it and getting close to making a new release that does.

In the meantime you might like to try out the "httpd24threading" branch at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading

which is largely working and is what will (hopefully soon) become mod_perl-2.09."

How did you get mod_perl working then with Apache 2.4, and do you in fact have a
working installation?

Regards,

Josh

Josh Chamas
Skol Labs LLC

RE: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4 [ In reply to ]
Josh,

No problem regarding the delay. Yes I have a working installation. I am running:
Server version: Apache/2.4.9 (Fedora)

I fixed my install problem by changing line 85 of StateManager.pm to:
$self->{remote_ip} = $r->connection()->client_ip();

Good to see that there is action on the Apache::ASP front. I still have many websites running with a basic Apache::ASP installation (basically just to embed perl in HTML). And though I am in the process of migrating many to Drupal, it will be a while until I am done.

I had to dig through my old email / postings to find this line. So if I misunderstood your question and sent the wrong tidbit, just let me know.