Mailing List Archive

POST not working
POST method is not working when I use Apache::ASP.
My setup is like this:
- global.asa

use CGI;
our ($cgi);
sub Script_OnStart {$cgi = new CGI;}
sub Script_OnFlush {}

- Apache containts the following setup for ASP

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
<Files ~ (\.cgi)>
AddHandler perl-script .cgi
PerlHandler Apache::ASP
</Files>
PerlSetVar Global /tmp

- and my test script "test_post.cgi"

<%
use CGI;
print "[1]test is ".$cgi->param("test")."<br>";
print "
<form action=test_post.cgi method=post>
<input type=text name=test>
<input type=submit>
</form>
";
%>

When I run the script I should get the value of the test variable but
$cgi->param("test") is always empty.
GET method is working fine.
How can I fix this?

Thanj you.
Re: POST not working [ In reply to ]
I found a solution by adding "PerlSetVar RequestBinaryRead Off" to my
apache config.

Re: POST not working [ In reply to ]
Thanks for this, ran into the same issue, and that fix worked perfectly.

Note: This affects forms processed using CGI that are submitted with
method="post" and enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" (the default).
Using method="get" or enctype="multipart/form-data" does not cause the problem,
so may be another solution for some.

Re: POST not working [ In reply to ]
I am not sure ,but it looks like BinaryRead will just read STDIN/mod_perl
buffer
entirely into internal buffer .While getting multipart/form-data a CGI
object
is used to read a file upload.
This is just an explanation ,is that OK ?I guess yes.
Evgeny