Mailing List Archive

ANNOUNCE: Embperl 2.0rc5

> The URL
>
> ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/Embperl-2.0rc5.tar.gz
>
> has entered CPAN as
>
> file: $CPAN/authors/id/G/GR/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.0rc5.tar.gz
> size: 656227 bytes
> md5: 244acfd699cb055feb8c275d0740ba28

All issues I am aware of are solved, so hopefully this will be the final
release.

Please give it a try, let me know if anything isn't working.

In case no problems arisses I will turn this release into 2.0.0 final during
the next days.

---

Embperl is a system for building dynamic websites with Perl.

It gives you the power to embed Perl code in your HTML/XML documents and the
ability to build your Web site out of small reusable objects in an
object-oriented style.

Embperl has several features which are especially useful for creating
Websites, including dynamic tables, form field processing, URL
escaping/unescaping, session handling, caching, xslt transformation and
more.

See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ (english) or http://www.ecos.de/embperl/
(german) for more information.

Enjoy

Gerald

Changes since 2.0rc4:

- Added attribute content-type to mail:send tag (Syntax Mail).
Patch from Axel Beckert.
- Added preloadfiles parameter to %initparam, which allows to
preload files in the parent process, when running under mod_perl.
See perldoc Config.pod for details.
- Fixed unresolved symbol when compiling under SuSE 9.3 (because SuSE
compiles Apache 2 in maintainer mode)
- Fixed strange output when Perl code inside of [$ sub $] returns
before any output.
- Fixed mail:send tag (Syntax Mail), so that Perl code inside the tag
for example to set an attribute, is now executed correctly.
- Fixed incorrect quoting of single quotes inside of <textarea> values,
reported by Axel Beckert.
- Fixed a potential segfault in cache handling. Patch from Yatin
Chawathe.
- Documentation cleanup
- Added test for optKeepSpaces.
- Added test for application object in Execute tests.
- Make sure Embperl is listed after Apache itself in the server
signature.

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 939-122
WWW: http://www.ecos.de/ Fax: +49 6133 939-333