Mailing List Archive

mod-perl.org - A community website?
Hi Everyone !

I noticed one thing about mod_perl. It's just mod_perl mailing lists
where uses communicate/discuss mod_perl. When it comes to PHP, you
will find user communities all over the corners on Internet.

I have purchased domain mod-perl.org. I would want to start a mod_perl
community website.

The website can offer...

- Free mod_perl hosting
We can have some criteria for users to qualify for this.

- mod_perl Merchandise
I hate to see everyone showing this to me
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.php/2b100e19/fuck_mod_perl.jpg
every time I talk about mod_perl. The shop can be powered by something
like http://www.cafepress.com

- mod_perl articles
It can be a central place for all mod_perl articles which are not
published on official mod_perl website.

- Place holder for unofficial mod_perl projects
Yeah ! This can be fun. Porting mod_ftpd for mp2, different protocol
handlers using mod_perl, etc, etc..

- IRC
If it's fine with ppl..

- mod_perl jobs/resumes

The source code for this website can be made open and it can be used
as an practical example of mod_perl web application.

It would be great to know your opinions on these issues.

About the servers, I have 1&1 root server in mind.
http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/tariffselect;jsessionid=0FFE5C04DB51DF2EEE4AD4E070387305.TC61b?__frame=_top&__sendingdata=1&tariffcategory.Extid=1446

Thanks,
Pratik

Re: mod-perl.org - A community website? [ In reply to ]
Pratik wrote:
> - IRC
> If it's fine with ppl..

there is #modperl on irc.perl.org

regards,
Roland

(rmoriz on irc.perl.org)

Re: mod-perl.org - A community website? [ In reply to ]
+1

Pratik [15/01/05 17:03 +0530]:
> Hi Everyone !
>
> I noticed one thing about mod_perl. It's just mod_perl mailing lists
> where uses communicate/discuss mod_perl. When it comes to PHP, you
> will find user communities all over the corners on Internet.
>
> I have purchased domain mod-perl.org. I would want to start a mod_perl
> community website.
>
> The website can offer...
>
> - Free mod_perl hosting
> We can have some criteria for users to qualify for this.
>
> - mod_perl Merchandise
> I hate to see everyone showing this to me
> http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.php/2b100e19/fuck_mod_perl.jpg
> every time I talk about mod_perl. The shop can be powered by something
> like http://www.cafepress.com
>
> - mod_perl articles
> It can be a central place for all mod_perl articles which are not
> published on official mod_perl website.
>
> - Place holder for unofficial mod_perl projects
> Yeah ! This can be fun. Porting mod_ftpd for mp2, different protocol
> handlers using mod_perl, etc, etc..
>
> - IRC
> If it's fine with ppl..
>
> - mod_perl jobs/resumes
>
> The source code for this website can be made open and it can be used
> as an practical example of mod_perl web application.
>
> It would be great to know your opinions on these issues.
>
> About the servers, I have 1&1 root server in mind.
> http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/tariffselect;jsessionid=0FFE5C04DB51DF2EEE4AD4E070387305.TC61b?__frame=_top&__sendingdata=1&tariffcategory.Extid=1446
>
> Thanks,
> Pratik

MailChannels: Assured Messaging

--
Eliminate Critical False Positives
http://www.mailchannels.com

Ken Simpson, CEO
+1-604-729-1741

Sent by MailChannels: http://www.mailchannels.com

Re: mod-perl.org - A community website? [ In reply to ]
* Roland Moriz (roland@moriz.de) wrote:
> there is #modperl on irc.perl.org

To bad no one hardly says anything in the channel. Some advertising via
perl.apache.org & mod-perl.org might not be a bad idea.

-- Jeff Bisbee / mod_perl-advocacy@jbisbee.com / jbisbee.com